Tuesday, October 18, 2016

T-shirt Quilt Top Finished

There wasn't a single fabric that could frame all the t-shirts so I used a variety. Although each post is a pocket label - twenty of them - there were still more. They are scattered across the top along with other sections from the shirts.

Center of t-shirt quilt sewed

Then I sewed the border. I cut the fabric to include the entire circle but am considering cutting it partway off. I just need to maintain the proportion of the overall quilt.

University of Arkansas and Alpha Omega Pi t-shirts framed in light prints, sashed with red.
Partial view of t-shirt quilt with borders

My tenure as program chair is finished but still looking forward to Lisa Boni's lecture and workshop next week. I plan to make several Christmas presents using her design to decorate Altoid tin boxes.

Enjoy the day, Ann

10 comments:

Janie said...

Your T-shirt quilt is great, wow, an Ad Hoc Improv project!
Have fun with the small embroidery stitch project.

patty a. said...

My goodness you got that top put together fast! It looks great!

Ann said...

Thanks, Janie. The recipients love these quilts, don't they?

Ann said...

T-shirt quilts usually go together quickly, I find.

Mary Marcotte said...

That was fast! I can only hope that the one I'll start this week will go almost as quickly. I have some ideas for my own projects that I want to get to. I like the new bluish round; it really finishes the quilt. It looks great!

Kaja said...

I have never made a t-shirt quilt, but often admire them when other people do. It makes me wish I had kept lots of band/event t-shirts over the years instead of letting them go when they were worn out. I like this one a lot - I like the variety of framing fabrics and the border prints. I hope your friend is thrilled.

Monica said...

You really did an excellent job with this, Ann! I love all the frame and background fabrics, and the scatter of extra pieces too. It feels fresh and fun, I'm sure the recipient will love it!

Ann said...

The shirts were interfaced and cut before my first post. This is a pretty simple design to put together.
I'm glad you like the blue border. I do, too.

Ann said...

Funny. I've made many for friends and children but have none of my own either. Ah, well.

Ann said...

Thanks, Monica. I need to get this one quilted... just as soon as I finish the ones already pinned.