Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Steam Punk Blocks: Final Set

Hooray! This is my last set. Some of the fabrics are from 'My Precious' pile. For example, the blade fabric in the second from left bottom row is from Sue Benner. Her work is glorious and I have treasured the scrap she gave me. I finally had the courage to cut it. Isn't it an improvement to be seen and enjoyed in this quilt rather than hidden in my stash?

Three blocks are made of leftover pieces from previous blocks... just to use them up. It makes this set livelier than the previous ones. Hopefully these odd blocks will be good blenders.

Steam Punk quilt blocks #81-96

The next task is deciding the final layout. I'm still debating straight set versus on-point as well as sashing (or not.) My original plan was straight set without sashing but I've had a few more thoughts. The original pattern was set on point with grey sashing. Jeannette at Gone Aussie Quilting started a SteamPunk QAL that now has 194 members. These fabulous quilters have posted an exciting variety of blocks, sets and quilts. Many of them are straight set... at least while they are being posted. Take a look. What setting would you use?

Enjoy the day, Ann

No comments: