Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Four-Patch Log Cabin Quilts

I've gotten a bit sidetracked. Somehow four friends are having baby boys... soon. How did I not know? Fortunately I keep extra blocks for these events. I need to dig them out to see what can be done. Here are some I made last time.

Four-Patch Log Cabin, Streak of Lightning set

They are made with the same simple block using similar black & white fabrics. Streak of Lightning is so bright and cheerful but I also like the shadings of grey in the next. It was set with dark grey crosses centered on a multi-colored friendship star then sashed with very light greys.

Four-Patch Log Cabin, Cross set

Here's the original block: a four patch of 2" unfinished squares combined with one row of log cabin strips. Notice the darks were sewn before the lights. You can also see the quilting design. I squared off the individual feathers so it looks like a philodendron in my backyard. Linking up with the Free Motion Quilting Project.

Four-Patch Log Cabin block
Edit: I posted a tutorial here.

Fret not; enjoy the day. Ann

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great quilts!!

Ann said...

Thank you, Elizabeth. I'm glad you like them.