Thursday, May 12, 2016

Crafted Applique Blog Hop

Have you heard about Lara Buccella's new book? She developed a new method for applique that is raw edged but never frays. Best of all {for me} it's machine stitched! Since I still have to limit hand work and have several projects that need applique, this technique intrigued me.

Crafted Applique: New Possibilities is a delightful read. Lara's artwork is charming; the ones inside the book are a delightful as the cover.

I'm planning a couple of projects to test my ability that I hope to share soon. In the meanwhile, here's a calendar of her blog hop. Take a look at the many different ways Lara's technique can be used to create amazing art. As a bonus, each hopper is giving away one book.

Crafted Appliqué… New Possibilities Blog Hop - May 1st to June 5th 2016
Crafted Appliqué: New Possibilities Blog Hop
May 1st to June 5th 2016

Sun
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
1
Lara
Buccella
Introduce Tour   

2
Valerie Smith
3
Dana Gaffney
4
Lorna McMahon
5
Mary Schuberg
6
Heidi
Kuntz
7
Alycia Carmin
8
Amy
DeCesare
9
Sherri McConnell
10
Lara Buccella
Guest Post

11
Christina Cameli
12
Melissa Corry
13
Sarah
Craig
14
Soma Acharya
15
Valerie
Reynolds
16
Angela Pingel
17
Sandra Walker

18
Cheryl Brickey
19
Judy Murphy
20
Yvonne Fuchs
21
Cindy Pieters
22
Susie
Zlogar
23
Connie Campbell
24
Ruth
Bourke
25
Kaja
Zieslar
26
Ann
Brooks
27
Cynthia Brunz

28
Holiday
29
Holiday
30
Holiday
31
Jenn Trott-Zisserson
1
Paulette Horn
2
Sandra Jansen

3
Christine Sherman


4
Darlene Simmons
5
Lara
Buccella
Giveaway Winners Announced!        












Enjoy the day, Ann

8 comments:

Lara B. said...

Ann you are so sweet! Thank you for the added shout out about my book and our blog hop. I am really looking forward to your post on the 26th! So sorry that you still have to limit hand work. :(

Ann said...

Lara, your book has been a blessing. It's working out so well I'm sure I can applique in this manner going forward. And it looks better than the work I've been doing by hand.

Janie said...

How exciting another blog hop!

Ann said...

It's certainly fun to see what different quilts people are making with this method. Always good to have new ideas.

Stephie said...

Ooh Lara! No hadn't heard Ann, I look forward to seeing what you come up with and following some of the blog hop too. I love appliqué so it'll be a great journey I'm sure 🙂

Ann said...

There are many interesting blogs to read. I'm
Enjoying the mix of reviews and independent work.

AZWendyG said...

What an interesting looking applique method!

Ann said...

It is quite unique and works very well. I hope you visit some of the other hoppers. Many great ideas.