Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Reprising LOVE

What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quilting


Sewing a back for the Optical Illusion was the alleged task but all these scraps are scattered around my sewing area. Although I started to simply push them into the scrap bag, they insisted I pull out more material for a front instead.

I said I wouldn't repeat any words but Love is the greatest thing of all... and I wanted to make one with a different V.  I'm truly running out of fabric (hooray!) but there are these two shot cottons that have been saved way too long because they are so "precious." Who am I saving them for? If I don't get busy, they will end up in an estate sale. So, I set them down to see how to use them today.

Mock up of LOVE2 baby quilt

Reading

Like Alexander Hamilton, everyone knows his name; however, no one knows what happened to him after the Revolution. When John Adams went to Europe before the war, people were excited to meet him until they realized he wasn't his cousin, Samuel. Stacy Schiff researches meticulously. The book is filled with information - names, dates, events, speeches, diaries, and articles; more difficult because always Samuel moved in the background and regularly burned his correspondence. 

It took me several weeks to finish but was well worth the effort. I wonder what Lin Manuel Miranda would have made of this had he taken it to the beach instead of Ron Chernow's book?

Enjoy the day, Ann

6 comments:

patty a. said...

The fabrics for your new Love quilt are so good! They will make a fun quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The new LOVE looks like it will be a fun, happy, and very cool quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

Pleased to see you're sewing up another word quilt, also that you're using up 'precious fabrics', something I need to work on!

Sally Langston Warren said...

I would have saved that beautiful solid fabric too…but I am also realizing I need to use my fabric up or someone else will get it after I am gone. We need to give ourselves the pleasure of using our favorite pieces.

Kaja said...

Love is indeed the greatest thing (though I am also a big fan of kindness) so it seems like a good word to keep repeating. Your fabrics look promising.

Preeti said...

May be you are infatuated with Love :-D Such a good problem to have. I look forward to the finish! Have an awesome weekend.