Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Ocean Waves V and BB1 Centers

'Thank you' is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, and understanding.
~Alice Walker

Quilting


The quilt became too large to lay out on the floor of my sewing area which made it a bit harder to put together. There may be a few triangles leftover but I'll put them on my guild's Free Fabric table. What a diversity of triangles from dusty reproductions to fairly current clear tones and everything in between. I thought this mixture might look terrible but it may be my favorite of all these quilts.

A quarter of Ocean Waves V

Although my BB1doesn't look different, all the appliqué is stitched - by machine. I deliberately didn't put a blue-green center in the lower right leaf and think I like it. We'll see how it weathers. 

Bramble Blooms #1 QAL center

Now to plan borders for both. Appliqué or some piecing? Time will tell. Audrey and I use a similar method here - we both pull fabric and set it around the centers. I'll try to take more photos.

Enjoy the day, Ann

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Gosh yet another lovely Ocean Waves to the flimsy stage--nice work!!
Your BB1 is looking so pretty--I wonder what the next iteration from audrey will be?
I don't really want mine much bigger, as i cannot handle big quilt pieces anymore...we shall see...hugs, for a good rest of this week--we are in for a rainy spate Julierose ;)))

Nann said...

The variety of prints in the OW blocks makes them all go together. Your BB flowers are charming.

audrey said...

I bet it feels good to get another Ocean Waves quilt going. Wonderful that you're not completely burnt out by them at this point and seem to be embracing the challenge! I love the spunky applique flowers. Leaving the blue layer off of one leaf is delightful!

Robin said...

The ocean waves quilt has a different feel to it, I think it's the use of all the yellow-greens. I like it a lot.

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on having the Ocean Waves top finished up, you must be pleased! BB1 - I still haven't machine stitched my flowers down but I have added just one plain border so far.
I do like your flowers, your background fabrics really make the flowers pop.

Preeti said...

The Ocean Waves is impressive. Being tossed into the ocean of HSTs is challenging enough but to emerge victorious with a gorgeous top is indeed worth a celebration.
The Bramble Blooms stole my heart with their whimsical leaves. The flowers seem to be swaying. Are they?

patty a. said...

The top looks wonderful! It has to feel good to have the center done.