Tuesday, October 1, 2024

SING Quilt

The sun will rise and set regardless. What we choose to do with the light while it's here is up to us.
~Alexandra Elle

Quilting

Tucked in a bag of scraps are several Coin sets in a variety of colors. I actually remember making these a couple of years ago. Now’s the time to use them in some smaller quilts. First up are the red and white leftovers from the Arkansas series and someone I know could use this.

SING quilt

The red and white look festive; the black and white binding reminds me of piano keys. Once I remembered it was in my stash, the choices below just couldn’t cut the mustard. The red and white stripe looks pink at a distance and the red blends into the background. 


The back is a lovely floral widened with {almost} the last of the red Coins.

Back of SING quilt

It’s almost ready to show to my friend. We’ll see what he thinks. 

Quilt Specifics
Size: 45” x 45”
Design: Coin or String quilt
Batting: Mountain Mist Cream Rose Cotton 
Thread: white Superior Masterpiece cotton
Quilting: spiral with walking foot
Approximate yardage: 5.5 yds

Reading

 After reading a review of Impossible Creatures I pre-ordered the book for my oldest grandchildren and another for myself.  Written for middle schoolers up, it’s a delightful read for adults, too. I’m already anticipating the sequel.
 

While visiting his grandfather Christopher discovers he guards the portal between earth and the Archipelago, the place where all magical creatures live as well as the source of Glimourie. Christopher joins forces with Mal, a girl from the Archipelago, in a desperate race to save them - and earth - from extinction. 

Enjoy the day, Ann

No comments: