Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Medallion Quilt Finished and Gifted

Seventy is when your body gives your brain a list of things it's not going to do anymore.
~Unknown

I'm there. Ah, well. Still recovering; the doctor says it will take several months. 

This top was made in January. I'm glad to have several tops to finish. Since they are small they don't take much effort to work on and I can break the time into very small pieces. 


The usual spiral quilting that coordinates with the center. 

When a LQS closed a few years ago I purchased many 1.5 yard cuts to fit the backs of baby quilts. Often they need an addition/insert to fill out the width like here. 


Quilt Specifics
Size: 41" x 41"
Block: None; Medallion
Batting: Hobbs 80/20
Thread: Tiger Lily (orange) Masterpiece cotton
Quilting: Spiral with walking foot
Approximate yardage: 4 yds

Friends of my youngest son are having babies now so these quilts are gifted as quickly as they are finished. Can you tell the dad is a fisherman?

Enjoy the day, Ann