Saturday, June 8, 2013

Red and String

The Dallas group traded red and string blocks in a desperate attempt to reduce the size of our scrap bags. Made on a ten-inch muslin foundation, one side had to be a red triangle but anything went on the other. Since I didn't need another project, they sat around until a neighbor was graduating.


The foundation makes the blocks very thick. I'd already fought that thickness on the Watermelon quilt so this time I added a half inch sashing. Now the thick string seam allowances meet exactly under the narrow sashing. No pressing problems this time. 

I used two different post colors (orange and yellow) and varied the sashing with the side of the block. Cute, done, off to college in the right color!


Fret not; enjoy the day.

Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and usually reply here where everyone can read and join in. We have some great conversations.