Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Racing Out of the Block


Do you remember Pretty in Pink? I also made a quilt for her sister who wanted her favorite nightgown included. It was very faded and worn so I cut it into hearts, put pink fabric behind and scattered them across the surface. Names of family members and favorite pets were machine stitched onto some of the hearts.

Nightgown hearts near pieced & appliquéd block
This t-shirt block required the most applique... and the most effort to keep the quilt flat. I think racing the car out of the block looks pretty good, though. I pieced two and a half sides and left "flaps" that I pulled through to the front and machine appliquéd onto the sashing. See Part Piece/Part Applique for a short tutorial on this method (although a smaller flap would be easier the first few times.)

Fret not; enjoy the day.

Ann

No comments: