Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Slow Progress on Bramble Blooms QAL

Your voice matters. If it didn't why would some people keep trying to take it away?
~ US Rep. John Lewis

Quilting


Very slow progress. I changed the curvy leaves that were my first choice and constant downfall. You'll notice a couple still have curves and I may replace those later. 

Bramble Blooms QAL - Improv roses

Taking a cue from the striped stems and Audrey's post, I added a second leaf color. It looks much better.  

I also turned the background 180 degrees so the bubbles show up more. They inspired the stem and leaf colors. Although it's hard to see in the photo, I'm hand basting the seam allowances. It's a pain but less painful than trying to needle turn.

Reading

DH and I saw Wonka over the holidays so I pulled Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to re-read. Although it's classified as juvenile fiction, it was still enjoyable. I think my grandchildren may like it when they're older. BTW, we both loved Wonka. What a delightful adaptation. 

Enjoy the day, Ann

9 comments:

Robin said...

The addition of the 2nd color for the leaves looks very nice. It bumps up the interest. The stripe is a great choice.

Julierose said...

I am still in the throes of figuring out my borders for Bramble!! They are not going to be wide or appliqued [!!!], but narrow and pieced with small 1.5" sqs I had already cut a while ago. My center panel doesn't look good with wide borders--they seem to overwhelm it at this point. And so...once again I go my own way...;0000
I really like how your leaves are looking with the additional color leafy shapes...really looking so good...nice work hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

My Bramble Blooms has stalled and been set aside for someday when there are less "other" things calling for my attention. I like the changes you've made to yours and LOVE those striped stems!

Quilting Babcia said...

The flipped background definitely adds interest, and I love the striped stems. And as I keep reminding myself slow progress is better than no progress!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Good progress on your BB Ann. Love how your leaves & stems work so well with the yellows.

Nann said...

Very pretty, Ann.

Hubblebird said...

I love your happy flowers.

audrey said...

Yes, these flowers are very happy looking, quite joyful in fact! Love the look, especially the striped stems! So sorry for not getting you added to the link list sooner. I just realized recently that you were not in fact on it. Ughh. So many things falling through the cracks lately.

Janie said...

Your Improv Roses are wonderful! Great progress.
And Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is one of my favorite books.