Sunday, May 12, 2024

Final Border for Bramble Blooms 1

Life, though it is a gift, is not a privilege.
~Ross Gay

Quilting


Audrey's linkup encouraged me to push on BB1 but it's still not complete. Here's the second round, a pink zig zag. All those points took way too much time and didn't all turn out as well as my usual work. But I'm pressing on.

These are leftover Crossroads blocks from a class with Sujata Shah. {There are still more. Sheesh.} I love them as a border but it may be too bright. 


So I made a few more. {And this is how I end up with miscellaneous piles of leftover blocks.} Some haven't been trimmed because the border needs some coping. 


And this is where it sits today. 

Mostly I've been working in the yard. The zinnias are coming along.


I found a solar fountain sprinkler and created a temporary water feature with an old melamine bowl. The basin needs to be wider so I'll keep looking.


My son helped put the new glider chairs together. Acutally, he did the work and I helped hold a few things. Now we have a place to sit and enjoy the flowers and pollinators. 


Enjoy the day, Ann

11 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Your BB1 is beautiful!! I do hope you decide to go with the Crossroad blocks, they're perfect and I don't believe at all that they're too bright. As the Goldilocks said in the Three Bears after tasting the porridge "this one (read quilt here) is just right".

Julierose said...

Loving how your borders are turning out!! Yours is such a pretty piece--
nice work. I am still not happy with mine, though...I don't know what it is...
but I guess you win some, you lose some...good experience on the journey....
hugs, Julierose

Nancy said...

Your Bramble Blooms looks great! I think the Crossroads blocks look perfect, and I love the pink zigzags are a great addition. I'll look forward to seeing what you choose.

Nann said...

The color in the crossroads blocks picks up the color of the flowers -- helps to pull it all together. Wonderful!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I admire your persistence - the results are definitely worth it so far. Keep on keeping on!

patty a. said...

I like the Crossroad blocks and do not think they look to bright. Then again they could appear a bit brighter in person. The zig zag border added such a fun element! For some reason the garden pictures didn't show up. I will have to close down and try again.

Quilting Babcia said...

The zigzag and Crossroads borders are a great addition to your quilt! I love how the colors of the crossroad block echo the flowers in the center. This is going to be a fabulous finish.

Juliann in WA said...

I love that zigzag border!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your borders are looking exciting! Love the zigzag one!

Marie said...

I really like where you've landed on this with your borders - so much fun, as usual. And interesting that you bought a solar fountain; been thinking for a while now that we could use one to keep the birds entertained.

audrey said...

your Bramble Blooms just makes me sigh with pleasure. It's all just coming together so wonderfully you! And the outside border is looking fantastic!:)