Whenever I took pairs of curves off the wall to sew them together, the darn things grew! They never fit back in the right place. There was always a gap to the left, the right or between the sewn section and what remained on the wall! Finally I pinned all the curves to each other.
But when I removed the top from the wall, showers of pins scattered across the floor. I must have picked up a thousand pins.
|Curves overlapping each other, before trimming and turning the seam allowance|
With a clean raw edge, turning was much more successful. I pinned parallel and as close to the curve as possible before steam pressing the top.
|Curves with seam allowance turned under and pinned on the outside|
|Curves pinned on the inside|
|Machine sewing the curves along the pinned seam allowance|
It's neither Sherri Lynn's nor Vikki's method but it worked for me.
Enjoy the day,