Saturday, March 11, 2017

Quilting Stars

I switched to a simple spiderweb design for the full webs although it may need some cross lines. This design is working better than the petals although the half-petals around the border are okay. I plan to keep them since that would be a major unsewing job.

Free motion spirals in stars.
Webs and flowers in spiderwebs

On the other hand, the spirals in the stars are lovely. These smaller units are easier to handle on a domestic machine. {I don't know why I forgot how difficult it is to create smooth arcs longer than the space under the machine.}

Then I'll head to the border. Several ideas are floating around my brain and surely one will work well. This needs to be finished soon. It's supposed to hang in our guild show April 1 and 2. If you're in the Bay Area, please come. Lots of talent in this guild.

Enjoy the day, Ann

20 comments:

KaHolly said...

Ann, it's looking great! It will be a lovely addition to the quilt show! XO

LA Paylor said...

I love the line texture quilting gives. Great texture here

Quiltdivajulie said...

This is one of my favorites of your quilts - the colors, the designs, the thought process, and your attention to detail. Just lovely!!!

em's scrapbag said...

Love this quilt! Wish I could come to the show

JoniStrother said...

Ann, your quilting is stellar! Mine's looking pretty bad. It was a mistake to quilt in black. Oh well, it's for a toddler!

Ann said...

Thanks, Karen. I'm working hard to finish it in time.

Ann said...

I'm curious how differently these textures will read once it's washed, LeeAnna. The batting will shrink a bit, something I prefer because of the crinkly results.

Ann said...

How very kind of you, Julie. Thank you.

Ann said...

Thanks, Em. I wish everyone could come... and that I could visit all the shows across the country, too.

Ann said...

Stellar isn't exactly it, Joni. I want to see yours again. I remember it as lively and fun.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

It's looking wonderful, lot of quilty texture!

Ann said...

Thanks, Linda. I've gone back and forth on these designs. I think I'll like it when it's done though.

Janie said...

Beautiful work, Ann. If I could swing it I would love to visit and see the show. I'm sure it will be fun.

margaret said...

this quilt is so pleasing to look at ans so many different fabrics. Do share photos of the quilt show please

Kaja said...

Nothing like a deadline to focus the mind! I love the spiral quilting and am glad you've figured out how to handle the rest.

patty a. said...

The quilting is looking great! I would leave the border the way it is.

Ann said...

I'm glad you like it, Margaret. If there's a link, I'll share it but I don't post photos of other people's quilts without permission. I prefer to link them since the makers can share their voices, too.

Ann said...

Isn't it funny how some parts are so easy and others so difficult? I decided to move forward. We'll see if I ever get the webs fixed.

Ann said...

Thanks, Patty. It's always good to know other people like my quilt, too. At this point, they drive me nuts.

Ann said...

Thanks, Janie. It would be a treat to meet up.